We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
1. Registration and Profile Information. if you sign up for an account, register to use our Services, purchase our Products, or sign up to receive information about our Services, we ask you for your, or your client’s, first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, physical address, login information, and any other information we collect.
2. Payment Information. When you add billing information or a credit card number to your account or make a purchase, we will use a third-party service provider to collect and store your payment information.
3. Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, mobile phone number, the contents of a message, and any other information you choose to provide.
4. Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information, your resume, and your cover letter online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume and in your cover letter, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on LinkedIn.
5. Location Information. When you use our Services, if you allow us, we will receive your precise location information. We also infer your more general location information (for example, your internet protocol (IP) address may indicate your more general geographic region.
6. Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
7. Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as the ads you click on, pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, your comments, and the dates and times of your visits.
8. Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
9. Widget Information. Other websites may integrate Feedo’s widgets (such as Feedo Webchat). When you visit a site with a Feedo widget embedded, we may receive certain information about you, including information about the web page you visited, your IP address, and other information about your device. Feedo and the widget can recognize you across websites containing Feedo’s widgets, and the widget may be used to show personalized content or advertising. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information.
10. Text Information. We may facilitate text messages between you and your customers. In the process, we may receive information about these communications, such as the date and time of the SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages.
11. User feedback. We receive information about review and surveys and give clients information about ratings and reviews.
12. Information from Third Party Services. If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account, we may receive information about you, including your profile information, photo, and use of the third-party account.
13. Other Third Parties. We may receive additional information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
We use the information we collect:
1. To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
2. To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
3. To personalize and improve your experience on our Services, such as presenting tailored content;
4. For marketing purposes, such as customizing and communicating informational or product offerings, promotions, and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
5. To send you text messages and push notifications;
6. To facilitate transactions and payments;
7. To de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Services and use it for any lawful purpose;
8. To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
9. For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms and Conditions or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
10. For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
We may share or otherwise disclose information we collect from or about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
2. Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
4. Third Party App Integrations. If you connect a third-party application to our Services, we may share information with that third party.
5. Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn more about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
6. Analytics Partners. We use web analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
7. Social Networking Platforms and Other Online Services. Our Services allow you to, upon your direction, share information with social networking services, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Yelp. You understand and agree that the use of your information by any social networking websites will be governed by the privacy policies of these third-party platforms and your settings on that platform. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
8. Marketing. We may disclose your information to nonaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like to opt out of such disclosures, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. In cooperation with governmental authorities and in our sole discretion, we may access, preserve, and disclose information about you if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as in connection with a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) if we believe a disclosure of such information is necessary to protect your, our, or other’s property, rights, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of information about you may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
10. Sale, Acquisition, Merger or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer information about you to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
11. Consent. We may also disclose information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law (see Section 5 below for specific information relating to Australian Users), then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. Your providing of information, including personal information, on or to the Services constitutes your consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you are an Australian user accessing or using Feedo from Australia, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“APP”) applies to personal information collected or held by Feedo or its Affiliates with an “Australian link” (within the meaning of the Privacy Act). In addition, Feedo is committed to complying with other applicable Commonwealth, State or Territory privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
If you are a California resident who has provided your personal information to us, you may tell us not to share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please submit a request here. If you have registered with us, you may request that we delete your information in your account by contacting us. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information upon request. We may archive all or some of your information as we believe may be required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
1. Community Features. The Services may include sharing features, review submission features, chat areas, e-mail functions, messaging services, file communities, polls, surveys, and other services (collectively, the “Community Features”). We provide these Community Features subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using any of the Community Features, you acknowledge and agree that information you post or otherwise make public may be available to the public.
2. Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
3. Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you out-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
4. Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
Feedo values the security of your information. We have implemented reasonable security measures that are designed to protect the information we maintain. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.